What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Quality Positioning Services B.V. (Q.P.S.), headquartered in Zeist, The Netherlands, is part of the Saab Maritime Traffic Management. Q.P.S. subsidiary offices are located in Portsmouth USA, Fredericton Canada, and in Banbury UK.
Our software is used, worldwide, for pilotage, hydrographic surveying, dredging, off-shore construction, oceanography, processing and visualization. One of the key technology of Q.P.S. is the development of new techniques for 3D visualization of the underwater environment.
We currently have an opening for a Junior or Intermediate 3D Graphics Programmer full time position in our Q.P.S. Fredericton, New Brunswick Office.
You will work within our team of software developers to write, modify and integrate software code and focus mainly on 3D graphics development. You will be working as part of our Fredericton development team. Some travel to our subsidiary in Zeist, Netherlands may be required.
Your skills and experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a degree in a related field combined with software development training and experience;
- Object Orientated Programming knowledge;
- Knowledge of a graphics API such as OpenGL, or other 3D graphics toolkits;
- Able to work comfortably in either a Windows, Linux or Mac development environment;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- C/C++ programming experience;
- Familiarity with GIS, cartography, or mapping applications;
- Experience using the Qt Application Development Framework;
- Exposure to agile development methodologies;
- Independent worker with ability to take on technical leadership responsibilities;
- Mathematical skills including Linear Algebra;
Last updated: 04 December 2017 • 21:39