What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an entry-level cybersecurity professional to assist in implementation and testing of cybersecurity requirements for radar applications.
The position involves:
- Working with senior cybersecurity engineers to execute the cybersecurity process
- Participation in internal technical meetings and cybersecurity reviews
- Collaboration with project leads for task planning and scheduling of own activities
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Information Assurance or Cybersecurity discipline (or similar)
- Familiarity with cybersecurity principles
- Willingness to analyze vulnerability scans to determine what issues need to be addressed
- Ability to accurately document the implementation associated with the cybersecurity controls
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with configuring and patching the Linux Operating System is large plus
- Experience with configuring and patching the Windows Operating System
- Understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGs)
- Willingness to contribute outside of immediate experience
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 05 December 2017 • 17:24