What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an Electrical Engineer to design, develop, fabricate, integrate, and test electrical hardware.
The position involves:
- Working with senior electrical engineers to design and develop modular hardware and firmware items that can be used on multiple programs
- Implementation of signal processing algorithms with Matlab and HDL
- Develop digital signal processing boards with Altera FPGAs
- Participation in internal technical meetings and design reviews
- Collaboration with hardware lead for task planning and scheduling of own activities
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical Engineer or Computer Engineering (or similar)
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Interest in signal processing and digital design
- Experience with Electrical Design theory and principles
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Experience with VHDL design and methodology
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with Schematic capture toolsets
- Experience with Oscilloscopes, signal generators and other lab equipment
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 22 November 2017 • 17:54