What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions and traffic management systems. Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and maritime customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM:
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
- Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) delivers an integrated suite of solutions from the Fairway to the Freeway for ports and harbors and a suite of Coastal Surveillance solutions including:
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS),
- Vessel Traffic Management Information Systems (VTMIS),
- Port Management Information Systems (PMIS),
- Terminal Operating Systems (TOS) and,
- Hydrography and Precision Navigation.
Our 50 plus staff, allows QPS to make and deliver industry leading software (QINSy, Qimera, Fledermaus, Qastor and Qarto) for collection, post processing, visualization and management of maritime geospatial data. Our offices are in the Netherlands, USA, Canada and UK and globally we have a partner network. Since 2012, QPS is a member of the Traffic Management (TM) group of Saab AB.
QINSy is a software suite used for many types of maritime geomatic surveys, ranging from simple single beam surveys up to the very complex offshore construction works. Qimera is a revolution in hydrographic data processing, and it combines the core technologies of QINSy and Fledermaus. Fledermaus is a powerful tool used by Commercial, Academic and Government clients worldwide to interact in 4D with geographical datasets. Our product Qastor is Electronic Chart Software (ECS) that enables navigation, piloting and precise docking, as well as several other application such as Oil & Gas FPSO/SPM mooring, patrol vessel and tugboat operations. Qastor Connect Server manages meteorological data, VTS targets and ENC updates to Qastor users. Qarto’s strength is the very fast and automated ENC production.
Join a winning team committed to marine geomatics around the world! Do you have the talent and sense of purpose to make a difference to business development in the EMEA region? We have a vacancy for a Business Developer.
We are looking for a professional, experienced and highly motivated person to join our Marketing and Sales team based at our offices either in Banbury (UK) or Zeist (The Netherlands). You will play a key role in working with prospective and existing clients to understand and use our products in a most productive manner. The majority of your time you will find yourself involved with Qimera marketing and sales activities of the EMEA region. This will mean periodic travel to clients, plus exhibitions and both attending and hosting conferences and workshops.
Your skills and experience
As our ideal candidate, we expect you will have a strong hydrographic or geosciences background (related University degree or relevant experience), experience with our Qimera or Fledermaus products, or similar hydro post processing package, be fluent in the English language, and the following profile:
• An excellent understanding of geospatial software for maritime industries and organizations;
• A demonstrated ability to analyze and understand client requirements, identify technical problems and formulate effective solutions;
• A proven track record (success rate) for profitable business development in our business area;
• Experienced in marketing and sales, ideally you will be familiar with modern tools for CRM;
• Be pro-active, skillfully identifying new opportunities;
• First-class interpersonal, presentation and communication skills;
• A willingness and ability to travel; alone, or as a member of the team;
• Cleared to work in European Economic Zone.
QPS is an equal opportunities employer, offering a competitive salary and attractive benefits package including training. Further details of QPS can be found on our website and our social media.