What you will be a part of
Ethics and Compliance is looking for a Data Protection Officer to lead the implementation and development of Saab’s data privacy programme.
Ethics and Compliance is a function within Group Legal Affairs with responsibility for Saab’s anti-bribery and corruption and data privacy programmes, including policy-making, advice and guidance, internal investigations, monitoring and training.
The function is currently made up of the Chief Compliance Officer and two Compliance Officers with offices in Linköping and Stockholm.
The Data Protection Officer is a new role to develop and manage Saab’s data privacy programme.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Develop, implement and manage privacy policies, procedures and processes in co-operation with appropriate functions of the organisation.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of a group wide inventory of data processing activities.
- Carry out and set the direction for data protection impact assessments and investigations into suspected data privacy violations.
- Carry out and set direction for group wide data privacy awareness training and orientation.
- Provide advice and guidance to Business Areas, Market Areas and Group Functions in data privacy and security related questions.
- Act as point of contact for data subjects and data protection authorities.
- In close co-operation with Business Areas, Market Areas and Group Functions ensure that data privacy issues are properly addressed and managed in all parts of Saab’s organization. You will report to the Chief Compliance Officer and have direct access to the Ethics and Compliance Board for status reporting on the data privacy programme.
- You will be the driving force in the implementation of a well-adapted and risk-based data privacy programme. As the role is new, you will to a great extent have the opportunity to form and design your own role and work.
Your skills and experience
This is a senior role that requires several years of experience in data privacy, information technology and security, risk management and/or compliance. You have a university degree, for example in law, information technology, system science or business administration. You are familiar with GDPR or equivalent data privacy laws and regulations. Good knowledge and understanding of IT operations is desirable, as well as excellent presentation and communication skills.
As a person you can balance complex information and different kinds of considerations and show good judgement in statements, actions and decisions. You can see the long-term significance and wider consequences and adapt accordingly. Making new contacts and maintain and strengthen relationships is something that reflects your personality very well. You take responsibility for your own tasks, structure your own way of tackling problems and pushes your own processes through. You are fluent in English, both written and verbal.
The role requires travelling in Sweden and internationally.
The location of the position may vary based on the selected candidate.
We look forward to reading your application!
Last updated: 24 November 2017 • 11:54