What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill the role of a Deputy Manufacturing Program Manager (MPM). The successful candidate will use professional concepts and apply demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and program management principles and concepts to resolve a variety of issues. The Deputy MPM will typically be assigned to manage a single moderately complex project in support of program teams and perform MPM tasks under the supervision of a more senior MPM.
- Establish the manufacturing resources required, including quantity and skill of personnel, tooling, test equipment, and support systems (i.e. material and factory planning/control systems)
- Implementation of Engineering Change Notices and Problem Report resolutions into work in process and fielded equipment
- Application of company Standard Operating Procedures to complete assigned tasks
- Utilization of appropriate tools and computer skills
- Develop manufacturing production schedules for applicable programs
- Establish estimates for manufacturing material and labor, and completing basis of estimates for manufacturing work scope
- Maintain and track the manufacturing cost and performance to the program budget and schedule
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering, business or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience
- OR MA/MS degree in an engineering, business or related discipline and 1+ years’ experience
- Working knowledge of risk and opportunity management practices
- Understanding of key program management concepts and fundamentals
- Ability to follow a program plan
- Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to effectively communicate and work across functional disciplines to meet program needs/objectives
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 02 October 2017 • 15:04