What you will be a part of
Surveillance, a business area of Saab, is one of the world’s premier suppliers of solutions for surveillance, threat detection, location and protection.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and maritime customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
Saab Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) delivers an integrated suite of solutions from the Fairway to the Freeway for ports and harbors and a suite of Coastal Surveillance solutions including:
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS),
- Vessel Traffic Management Information Systems (VTMIS),
- Port Management Information Systems (PMIS),
- Terminal Operating Systems (TOS) and,
- Hydrography and Precision Navigation.
Do you want to join a winning team committed to safe, efficient and secure maritime trade around the world? Do you have the talent and drive to really make a difference to complex maritime operations in Europe? Working within an experienced and successful marketing and sales team distributed across the world, you will execute product sales of Saab Maritime Traffic Management solutions concentrating on Ports and Terminals.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Sales – Maritime Traffic Management, as part of a tight team and in conjunction with the Saab Market Areas and other sales channels you will interact with Port & Terminal customers around the world, operations units in Canada, Belgium and India, build and manage a sales pipeline, conduct demonstrations, prepare proposals, attend trade shows, support management of accounts, prepare reports, conduct administration and contribute to strategy. Significant international travel will be required.
You are responsible to:
- Secure profitable orders of Saab Port and Terminal solutions from new customers, and
- Execute market analysis, strategy development and other initiatives to grow Saab Maritime business in the Port and Terminal segment.
Your skills and experience
- You are an experienced PMIS or TOS solution sales professional with at least 5 years of experience in developing and acquiring new orders for large and complicated deals that include software and services in an international business environment, a proven track record of solutions sales would be an advantage,
- Alternatively you may have had similar experience as a manager in IT, Procurement, Finance or Operations at a major Port or Terminal and you can turn your experience into helping to meet the specific needs of future Saab TOS and PMIS customers,
- An excellent understanding of the Port and Terminal operations or technical domain and appropriate commercial acumen from a port or terminal operations perspective is expected,
- You are an excellent communicator, able to present professional and compelling presentations, documents and proposals in English,
- You are a team player, always looking for the best solutions for your customers, you have an open mind and a strong work ethic, cooperating and sharing information in a team is your natural preference for high performance,
- You are based in the United Kingdom or in Continental Europe and you have the capacity to attend Saab work locations in Europe on a regular basis.
- Other situations may be accepted (US, Asia, etc) for experienced candidates with a strong record of TOS operations or sales
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Last updated: 31 October 2016 • 21:06