What you will be a part of
Market Area Europe (MA EUROPE) covers all European countries and is part of the global Saab AB marketing organization. The head office for MA EUROPE is in London and we have 7 Country Units (CU) in which the main CU Head Offices, satellite offices, focus and prospect countries reside. The Country Units are Finland, France & Benelux, Northern Europe, Poland & Baltics, Central & Eastern Europe, Southern Europe and the UK & Ireland.
Country Unit Finland operates from the office based in Helsinki
As part of its global growth strategy, Saab is expanding its business in Finland and a new position has therefore been identified within Country Unit Finland. We are now looking for a Director of Marketing & Sales who will be responsible for Saab’s offerings mainly within the Joint and Army portfolios and also Saab´s other offerings in Finland. In addition, you will work in close collaboration with the Head of CU Finland with contacts to the Finnish Defence Forces and the MoD.
The position will be based in Helsinki. You will be reporting directly to the Head of CU Finland.
- Deliver order intake and gross margin in accordance with set budget.
- Responsibility for executing the Saab Winning Business (WB) process from WB Market Appraisal (MA) to WB3.
- Responsible for marketing and sales of Saab’s product portfolio in CU Finland.
- Extensive travel within Finland as well as occasional travel to other parts of MA Europe will be required.
Your skills and experience
- Relevant academic and/or military education.
- Deep understanding of the Finnish Defence doctrine and of the Finnish Defence Forces processes and ways of working
- Good knowledge and experience of NATO, EU , UN International Crisis Management Operations and the requirements these operations set for the Finnish Defence Forces
- Deep understanding of the Finnish procurement processes
- Good knowledge of the Finnish concept Security of Supply and its implications
- Documented experience of negotiations experience, leadership skills and military experience.
- Strong project management skills with a capability to drive projects from Business Development to contract
- Analytical and Strategic skills to identify and develop business, local partnerships and market networks.
- Service-minded, flexible and able to work under pressure within tight deadlines and able to maintain a high quality
- Social skills and ability to establish, build and maintain strong partner and customer relationships.
- Act as the face for Saab for all partners/customers and act as a role model.
- Fluent in Finnish, Swedish and English, other languages are desirable.
- Experience of the local business environment in Finland.
You should have an outgoing personality with good communication skills, tenacity and high drive. The role requires an independent-minded person, able to identify and pursue opportunities, but also willing to contribute as part of a wider team. You are committed to delivering high quality and meeting deadlines in a fast moving international environment where decisions are followed by prompt action. You are able to meet expectations and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility. Your analytical and communication skills enable you to keep focus on and to deal with complex issues simultaneously.
Applications will be assessed continuously
Last updated: 11 July 2017 • 13:04