What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Build your resume experience and enhance your marketability with real-work, hands-on practice!
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is in search of motivated, enthusiastic Computer Science or Computer Engineering students who would be interested in applying their studies to real-world product development through a Co-Op opportunity.
Candidates will actively participate in the software development for Radar systems.
The position involves:
- Working with senior software engineers to design and develop modular, configurable software that can be used on multiple programs
- Participation in internal technical meetings and design reviews
- Collaboration with software lead for task planning and scheduling of own activities
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Must have completed Sophomore year of greater at time of hire
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Experience in Java or C++ software development
- Object-oriented design experience
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience with UML modeling tools for illustrating the software design
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Experience with utilizing a unit test framework
- Experience using Subversion (SVN) for configuration management
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 13 July 2017 • 19:44