What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Product Area Air Traffic Management (ATM) is one of three product areas in Business Unit Traffic Management, as of January 1, 2018, a part of Industrial Products and Services. ATM is a provider of systems and services that increase the safety, efficiency and capacity of the world’s air traffic control systems. ATM has customers in over 40 countries and has a team located in Sweden, The Netherlands and the United States. ATM is divided into four business segments; 1) FAA Programs, 2) Automation & Surveillance Programs, 3) CDM&E Programs and 4) ATM Sweden. Each of these segments has responsibilities in the area of Product Development and Customer Project Delivery.
The ATM Sweden team has the primary responsibility for Product Development on the following ATM products.:
- Remote Tower
- Electronic Flight Strips (standalone)
- Centralized Approach functionality
- Fox Radar Extractor
- Radar Data Processor for LFV & FMV in Sweden
In addition, the ATM Sweden team has a key role on product developments that are part of other segments in ATM. In particular, the ATM Sweden team plays a key role on the development of the ATM Integrated Tower solution which is a combination of many legacy products from throughout the organization being deployed in high value opportunities in new modern Air Traffic Control towers.
Customer Project Delivery
The ATM Sweden team has the primary responsibility to deliver customer projects under contract to customers in Sweden, in particular Luftfartsverket (LFV), The Swedish Defence Material Administration (FMV) and Saab Digital Air Traffic Services (SDATS). SDATS is a joint venture between Saab and LFV established to deliver Remote Tower Technology and Operational Services.
In addition, for projects executed by other segments in ATM, personnel from ATM Sweden are often deployed to leverage their expertise and experience in particular parts of the ATM portfolio.
The Segment Lead has the following responsibilities and tasks for the products and associated projects listed above:
- Establish a yearly operating budget (updated quarterly) which includes all facets of the Segment including revenue targets, direct contract cost estimates, indirect cost estimates, product investments required and required marketing & sales cost estimates.
- Build, lead and manage a team to execute the business of the segment. Currently the ATM Sweden team is approximately 65 Full-time employees split almost equally between Gothenburg and Växjo.
- Ensure the successful delivery of all customer projects in the segment while meeting the estimated margin and satisfying all customer requirements in such a manner that the customer values Saab as a provider fostering the opportunity for further business.
- Oversee and lead the product development teams in the segment ensuring product releases are done on time and on budget.
- Interact with ATM Product Management to provide input on product features being requested from current customers and ensuring that products are meeting market needs in a timely fashion
- Work closely with the Marketing & Sales organization to make certain that there is ample support for the Winning Business process from the product and project knowledgeable personnel in the segment.
- Interface with the team at Saab Digital Air Traffic Solutions, a joint venture between Saab and Luftfartsverket (LFV), set up for the purpose of deploying Remote Tower technology and operations throughout the World.
Your skills and experience
A successful candidate will have some combination of the following skills & experience:
- Successful experience leading a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated track record working on customer projects keeping a balance between the needs of the customer and the needs of Saab during project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships, particularly across international boundaries
- Experience with tender-based sales, particularly the preparation of technical proposals and cost estimates
- Experience with product development teams in a leadership capacity
- Experience with working in an international organization, and comfort speaking, writing and listening in English, the language of ATM
- Experience with the aviation or Air Traffic Management domain and leading geographically dispersed teams is not required, but is a significant plus.