What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
We are looking to strengthen the Governance team in Järfälla/Gothenburg. Business Area Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
As Head of Export Control at Business Area Surveillance you will be part of a new unit, Governance, that holds the four functions Security Risk Management, Export Control, Operational Excellence and Quality Management and ICT Governance.
You will be line manager for a small group of experts, you will be part of the management team at Governance and you will report to Head of Governance. You will ensure implementation of applicable corporate legal/commercial directives and decisions by directing and supporting the Business Units. It is your role to Direct and facilitate Business Area Surveillance short and long term competence development in the discipline of Export Control. You will be Business Area Surveillance point of contact to Corporate Export Control, represent Business Area Surveillance in Export Control Council and applicable external Authorities & Agencies.
Your skills and experience
- Proven ability to represent the function internally and externally, to interact well with both stakeholders and colleagues.
- Proven management experience and skills in leading staff must be documented
- Track record in the discipline of Export Control in a company or other Enterprise managing complex systems solutions.
- Appropriate professional or post graduate qualification.
- Be able to fully understand Saab's and the Business Area's strategies and policies and act in accordance with those directions.
- Strong drive and ability to drive through directions and policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to relate to staff from different disciplines and level of the organization through to external customers.
- Highly developed problem solving skills and ability to develop quick, effective, and reasonable courses of action with short notice.
- Must be flexible and be able to cope with constant change and must have a willingness and ability to continuously adapt and learn.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to motivate others.
- Must be a good mentor and coach to others.
Education, training and counselling are essential parts of the work tasks and we therefore put a lot of emphasis on personal characteristics.
Last updated: 05 September 2017 • 08:44