What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) / Senior Cyber Security Professional to provide on-site support for all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM/DSS NAO/NIST/Government standards.
The position involves:
- Collaboration with Cyber Security/ Industrial Security professionals to provide overall task planning and scheduling.
- Ability to manage and coordinate internal, and external Defense Security Service (DSS) audits.
- Oversight of the COMSEC equipment.
- Working with Security professionals to oversee execution of the weekly/monthly security audits; and Cyber Security professionals to oversee execution of cyber security audits.
- Development and maintenance of Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts to include, System Security Plans, Risk Assessment Reports, Internal Policies and Procedures, etc.
- Oversight of the Cyber Security and Industrial Security professionals, ensuring overall system compliance with the NISPOM and the RMF applicable policies and procedures.
- Interfacing with various government representatives, to include DSS.
- Participation in cyber security/Information Assurance (IA) meetings with external customers.
- Participation in internal proposal efforts related to cyber security/IA requirements.
- Mentoring of junior security professionals.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Security, Information Assurance, Cyber Security or related discipline
- 15+ years of relevant experience (13+ if MA/MS degree)
- Familiarity with system hardening in accordance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Ability to execute DSS approved auditing tools
- Advanced knowledge of the NISPOM and NAO operating manuals
- COMSEC experience
- Ability to plan/coordinate security and/or cyber security activities across multiple programs within the business
- Knowledge of handling required for security violations, personnel training
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations; and provide presentations to government members or external customers
- Experience with the Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Familiarity with the RMF and its implementation as related to DoD/DSS
- Must have a security clearance
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 27 December 2016 • 19:04