What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) / Senior Cyber Security professional to provide on-site support for all security functions in accordance with the NISPOM/NISPOMSUP/ODAA/NIST standards. This position will support the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and Facilities Security Officers (FSOs) in ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations/standards.
The position involves:
- Responsible for overall execution of the daily security and cyber security activities (audits, scans, etc.)
- Collaboration with junior cyber security and security professionals in achievement of the daily activities.
- Support the ISSM in preparation for internal and DSS audits.
- Control/coordination of the COMSEC equipment
- Ensuring compliance with the NISPOM, NIST 800-53 standard and the Risk Management Framework (RMF), as applicable.
- Interfacing with government (DSS) representatives, as necessary.
- Participation in cyber security meetings with external customers
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Security, Information Assurance or Cyber Security discipline (or similar)
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with system hardening in accordance with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Ability to execute DSS-approved auditing tools
- Advanced knowledge of the NISPOM and ODAA operating manuals
- COMSEC experience
- Ability to plan/coordinate security and/or cyber security activities across multiple programs within the business
- Knowledge of handling required for security violations, personnel training
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations; and provide presentations to government members or external customers.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Familiarity with the new Risk Management Framework (RMF) and its implementation is desired.
- Must have a security clearance
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 13 October 2016 • 15:47