What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
The Air Traffic Management (ATM) FAA Programs business segment has an opening for the role of System Integration and Test Engineer in support of the FAA’s Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. TFDM is a multi-year program that aims to modernize 89 ATC Towers in the U.S. by deploying a combination of Electronic Flight Strips and surface collaborative decision making capabilities. Aviation surveillance encompasses all forms of tracking where aircraft are while in flight and on the surface of airports. Techniques typically consist of a combination of primary and/or secondary radar, multilateration, and ADS-B (automatic dependent surveillance broadcast). Saab Sensis specializes in the design and deployment of these solutions, the development of integrated surveillance systems, and the fusion of the track information each creates. As a member of the Saab Sensis Team, you will support the testing and integration of these systems while focusing on existing programs with customers located throughout the world.
Jump start your career. Saab Sensis is looking for a 3-8 year experienced Integration and Test Engineer. This position is a great way to learn about air traffic control systems that track aircraft on some of the world's busiest airports.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities include:
- Ensuring testability during development of product specifications
- Developing, documenting, and executing test approaches and procedures for hardware, software, and system level testing
- Conducting and supporting system integration in a laboratory environment and an operational environment
- Assisting in hardware and software troubleshooting
- Generating and investigating problem reports
- Leading technical reviews and status meetings
- Conducting engineering dry runs, formal testing, and regression testing
- Creating test scenarios using various simulators
- Performing data analysis, preparing test briefings, and writing test reports
- Working in accordance with Saab Sensis standard operating procedures
- Identifying the interdependencies of products and programs and planning integration and test events accordingly
- Providing mentoring, technical guidance, and coaching for less-experienced engineers
- Collaborating with proposal team to understand customer requirements and participating in the proposal process
- Contributing to the adoption of new design and development approaches to improve overall quality, reliability and speed of implementation
- Directing integration and test activities for several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Interacting with internal and external customers on technical and programmatic issues
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in engineering discipline, Physics, or Mathematics.
- 3 - 8+ years’ work in a technical environment
- Comfortable in a test lab environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft tools and Microsoft Windows applications
- Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with software, hardware, and system test methodologies
- Experience with software, hardware, and system integration activities
- Experience in functional and performance testing
- Understanding of the use of configuration management, quality assurance, requirement management systems, and automatic testing tools
- Ability to independently and effectively interact with all stakeholders (internal/external) on technical issues
- Ability to provide cost-effective estimates for schedule, labor, and equipment required to cover integration and test activities of the team
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, employment and education verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis, is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 06 December 2017 • 17:24