What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
As the HR Manager for the business unit Traffic Management the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating Human Resources activities for a growing, global business unit with an organization dispersed over sites in 10 countries. You will be a part of the Surveillance HR team, as well as the TM management team. Where you will be based is flexible depending on our best candidate for the job, as our business is dispersed over so many sites.
This is an opportunity is for a senior HR, with a key focus on driving industry leading, best practice HR procedures & processes. This role will require a substantial amount of travelling both in Sweden and abroad and it is there for important that you are flexible and mobile. You role will be divided in to two main areas of responsibility:
- Lead HR Business Partner in a strategic and cohesive role in our management team, holding TM’s international HR team, of seven people, together. The largest sites abroad are Apeldoorn in the Netherlands and Syracuse, NY in the US.
In this role you will be responsible for implementing Saabs programs & policies in a global environment while leading and developing projects, which support future organizational growth and employee engagement. Additionally there will be a focus on talent acquisition, management development and succession management; supporting individuals to develop and maximize their potential and promoting a high performing Culture
- HR Business Partner in an operational role for our teams in Sweden. Located in Göteborg, Linköping and Växjö.
In this role you will work with the whole Swedish people process; independently leading the HR work by supporting the managers in operational HR issues and processes. Task will be included such as salary review, recruitment, employer branding, Health & Safety, appraisal process, union negotiations etc.
Each of our HR Business partners is responsible for a subject area, which also will be part of your role.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- a BA/BS degree in HR, Industrial Relations, Business or a related discipline
- 25+ years experience
- to be result oriented, business minded and internationally mobile
- to possess outstanding communication, influencing and presentation skills
- to assume responsibility and to work proactively
- to be trustworthy with high integrity and a flexible mind-set
- excellent written and verbal language skills. Swedish language a plus
- to have a demonstrated record of accomplishment of developing and implementing HR strategy and delivering operational excellence in HR within an international, multi-site and complex environments
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check, that at a minimum, will include criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Cntractor for the United States Government, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 19 July 2017 • 00:04