What you will be a part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM:
- Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), hydrography (QPS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS) and precision navigation;
- Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions.
We currently have an opening for a Junior Software Engineer, MTM QPS.
QPS navigation and positioning software is used on board offshore construction vessels, pipe-lay barges, drilling rigs, seismic research vessels and hydrographic survey vessels. QPS has a fast growing market share in the offshore oil and gas industry, dredging industry and port communities.
You will be involved in all areas of development, from design to implementation and testing, related to our main products. You will be working as part of our Zeist development team. Some travel to our subsidiary in Fredericton, Canada may be required.
Your skills and experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject ( e.g. Electronics, Engineering, IT);
- 0-3 years relevant experience as software engineer and technical insight;
- You communicate fluently in English (Dutch preferred);
- Knowledge of C++ or C#;
- Experience with MS Visual Studio is a plus;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Interest in Hydrography, Maritime Navigation, Oceanography or Mathematics;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa/ citizenship in the Netherlands.
Last updated: 14 April 2017 • 17:24