What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a Lead Buyer-Commodity Professional.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting Request for Proposal packages to include Technical/Quality Specifications, Terms and Conditions, and Preform cost/price analysis for pre-award and post award actions for cost reasonableness.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers.
- Visit suppliers as necessary to ensure that they maintain their contractual obligations.
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Analyzing and evaluating supplier and subcontractor proposals to determine adequacy, and recommending suppliers and negotiation strategies to meet company objectives.
- Understanding of the FAR and DFAR, processes and procedures with capability to drive improvements
- Ability to recommend the implement cost-saving proposals and procurements
- Provides procurement expertise and influence on cross functional team
- Mentor and ensure that Purchasing personnel are properly trained and that all transactions are conducted according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all Procurement Standard Operating Procedures and policies are followed.
- Conduct/participate in both internal and external audit activities as required.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- AS/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 10+ years of Procurement, Contracts, or Supply Chain experience.
- Experience performing many aspects of supply chain management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Prior work experience in U.S. Government Procurement, Procurement or Supply Chain-related field.
- Possess understanding of Government contracting (to include FAR/DFAR) and key business processes.
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, multi-task, and support concurrent requirements for different internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills necessary in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task across many programs and activities
- Understanding of Contractors Purchasing System requirements
- Working knowledge of Oracle
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 01 November 2016 • 14:46