What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation currently has an opening for a Lead Buyer in our East Syracuse, NY office for our Air Traffic Management Business.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Manage and control all purchases (Goods and Services) for the business.
- Obtain the best total cost for all goods and services that Saab Sensis procures and ensure that the delivery of the products and services meet required schedules.
- Coordinate and participate in major RFP preparation and assist in the generation of various documents such as: Software Licenses, Rentals, Leases, Nondisclosure/Proprietary Agreements, and Statements of Work.
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers.
- Visit suppliers as necessary to ensure that they maintain their contractual obligations.
- Prepare, review and approve agreements, purchase orders, or other contractual Procurement documents.
- Interface with Contracts, Program Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance as required.
- Mentor and ensure that Purchasing personnel are properly trained and that all transactions are conducted according to policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all Procurement Standard Operating Procedures and policies are followed.
- Conduct/participate in both internal and external audit activities as required.
- Obtain/maintain data and metrics that allow analyses to make forecasts to anticipate supply problems and take preventive actions.
- Keep management informed and make recommendations regarding any purchasing issues that might affect the company.
Your skills and experience
You will be required to have 4 Year degree, and a Professional Certification; i.e., C.P.M. or accreditation in related field is a plus.
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum 10 years Procurement or Supply Chain administration experience.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills necessary in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task across many programs and activities
- Familiarity and working knowledge Oracle or other ERP application
- Proficient with Microsoft products
- Experience with FAA, Statutory, International and Commercial contract law and regulations
- An understanding of the UCC, and FAA AMS
- Fair and ethical business practices
- Ability to build strong supplier/subcontractor and cross functional relationships
Limited travel is required.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance.(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 17 June 2016 • 20:57