What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division has a Lead Facilities Specialist opening in our Syracuse, NY location. This role will support the Facilities Manager in all aspects of the daily operation of Saab facilities.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Ability to perform complex maintenance and repair tasks for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and general mechanical skills for various other building systems.
- Ability to perform complex plumbing installation and repairs.
- Skills to install and troubleshoot industrial electrical and utility systems.
- Maintenance of facility security system.
- Plan and install complex office furniture systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance programs on all facility building systems.
- Prompt handling of all facilities requests.
- Operation and maintenance of all Audio-Visual equipment.
Your skills and experience
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree, technical/business school, or equivalent; may vary by functional area.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in at least one skilled trade.
- Worked in an Industrial setting performing facilities maintenance or worked as a contractor providing industrial maintenance or repairs.
- Experience must include the use of complex extensive knowledge of tools, software, and other technologies.
- Working knowledge of all critical building systems including HVAC, electrical power, plumbing, security systems and fire systems.
- A high degree of knowledge and skills as a general tradesman in the electrical, plumbing, mechanical, carpentry, and HVAC trades.
- Ability to lead facility projects and direct subcontractors.
- Ability to understand complex facilities maintenance activities and general maintenance tradesman skills.
- Experience in operation and safe use of all types of power tools.
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed maintenance records.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team while under pressure to resolve critical problems.
- Strong trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills for facility building systems.
- Ability to operate Building Management Systems to control HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of the maintenance and operation of fire protection systems.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, and flexibility with changing priorities and schedules.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other applications related to assigned tasks.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 29 March 2017 • 20:44