What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking experienced Senior Technical Leads / Product Managers to play an active role in product strategy development and to provide analytical thinking to solve complex problems. Sensor Systems is looking for Senior Technical Leads in the following areas: Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Integration & Test Engineering.
The position involves:
- Supporting the Director of Technical Operations to assess technical solutions to programs
- Supporting the Director of Strategy in the formulation of product definition and roadmaps
- Collaborating with other Senior Technical Leads to assess new technology and develop solutions
- Collaborating with program/project team leads to develop solutions to complex problems
- Participation in customer meetings during capture efforts to thoroughly understand the needs
- Being a customer advocate during internal reviews, ensuring that the proposed solution is complete
- Adherence to the CMMI and Sensor Systems Development process
- Being a technical leader/mentor within the assigned discipline
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree relevant to engineering discipline
- 15+ years of relevant discipline experience
- Ability to understand customer requirements and develop forward-thinking solution
- Deep Understanding of radar processing and application development
- Experience in product development lifecycle
- Understanding of CMMI-Level 3 processes
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Previous experience developing product roadmaps
- Experience using the Atlassian JIRA and SVN tool sets
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 27 November 2017 • 18:24