What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
We currently have an opening for International (Lead) System Engineer, ATM.
We are searching for an International (Lead) System Engineer with knowledge of system testing, requirements analysis and is capable of quickly becoming proficient in the application of our operational systems. You will be creating the system design documents, safety case documents and external interface specifications based on customer requirements, integrating the system components into a complete system and coordinate technical aspects of project. For your role, you will be traveling for approximately 30% of your time (schedule in week(s)).
You are responsible to:
- Design systems to market demands by mapping customer requirements to the A3000 Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS) product.
- Specify and coordinate the required software system adaptations
- Perform the system integration and testing in factory and on-site followed with the acceptance testing with customer;
- Effectively contribute to the realization of projects worldwide;
- Perform activities based on applicable policies, guidelines, cost awareness, rules and regulations (incl. those related to quality and safety);
- Advise on the development of Saab products, process improvements and technical capabilities in commercial projects;
Your skills and experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject or relevant experience;
- Communicate (writing) fluently Dutch and English;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative with a drive to solve system issues in time for the project delivery milestones;
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Communication skills;
- Team player;
- Knowledge of Linux;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa / citizenship in the Netherlands;
- Knowledge of networking is a pre;
- Experience in safety critical systems is a pre;
Last updated: 09 January 2017 • 12:44