What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation's Corporate Technology Solutions (CTS) Department is seeking a Network Administrator & Help Desk Professional. This position ensures the stable and secure operation of technology infrastructure including switches, routers, servers, WiFi, desktops and help desk support operations. Support of company resources including business applications; Data center operations; Backup servers and recovery devices; Client devices such as PCs, mobile devices, printers, MFP devices and external services such as Internet and email.
Responsibilities: Monitor and maintain systems performance. Configure, deploy and maintain systems within the context of the IT Infrastructure, switches, routers and including Linux and Windows environments. Backup and recovery procedures for systems being administered. Configuration and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Active Directory as well as other systems within the context of IT Infrastructure.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Your skills and experience
- Associate’s degree in related field / Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field preferred
- Minimum of 4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education/training and experience. 5-10+ years in directly related experience preferred.
- Experience in designing, implementing and deploying solutions in Microsoft environments.
- Applied knowledge in general infrastructure components and techniques including: VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012 in Active Directory environment, Debian Linux.
- Excellent customer service and communication in one-on-one and group situations with vendors, employees and management. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask and to meet deadlines and learn and train on new technologies when necessary
- Understanding of wireless network technologies (2.4GHz/5GHz, a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO, FAT/thin APs)
- Understanding of Cisco hardware and related software (Cisco IOS)
- Understanding of network fundamentals (TCP/IP stack, 7 Layers of OSI, VLANs, switching, subnets, routing)
- Understanding of firewall and VPN technologies
- Understanding of VoIP technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues (using port mirroring and packet capture software)
- Candidate must be self-motivated and work with little or no supervision while staying on task
- Candidate must have the ability to multi-task while tracking/completing open issues
- Candidate must be able to work as part of a team
- Candidate must be able to express themselves in both written and verbal communication
- High level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, and SMTP
- Understanding of Microsoft Lync
- Understanding of advanced Cisco protocols
- Understanding of multi-link trunking technologies
- Understanding of cellular data networks
- Understanding of ISP services (BGP, MPLS)
- Understanding of QoS technologies
- Understanding of 802.1X technologies
Availability for occasional travel is desired
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance.(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 04 January 2017 • 02:24