What you will be a part of
The Business Area (BA) Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers Self-protection Systems, SIGINT Systems, Fighter Radars, Surface Based Radar Systems, AEW&C Systems, Combat Systems & C4I Solutions and Traffic Management (Maritime & Air Traffic.
The position we are advertising for is a position within Traffic Management (TM) which serves air traffic and maritime customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe, secure and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM:
Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) delivers an integrated suite of solutions from the Fairway to the Freeway for Sea Ports and inland waterways and a suite of Coastal Surveillance solutions including:
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS),
- Vessel Traffic Management Information Systems (VTMIS),
- Port Management Information Systems (PMIS),
- Terminal Operating Systems (TOS) and,
- Hydrography and Precision Navigation.
- Secured AIS Systems for Coastal applications
- Coastal Traffic Information System
- Data Acquisition System for Coastal applications
- Sensor Systems
- Marine Communication Systems
- Incident Management Systems
Do you want to join a winning team committed to safe, efficient and secure maritime trade around the world? Do you have the talent and drive to really make a difference to complex maritime operations worldwide? Working within an experienced and successful team distributed across the world, you will be involved in the operational characteristics from the concept to the end state of our maritime products (50%) and execute product sales of Saab Maritime Traffic Management solutions concentrating on the Coastal Surveillance Market (50%).
We currently have an opening for an Operations Specialist.
Reporting to the Head of Product Management – Maritime Traffic Management and working close with our product development teams, you are responsible for the concept of operations, describing the characteristics of our Coastal Surveillance system from the viewpoint of the users to communicate the quantitative and qualitative system characteristics to all stakeholders. You relate a narrative of the process to be followed in implementing the Coastal Surveillance system. It defines the roles of the stakeholders involved throughout the process and offers a clear methodology to realize the goals and objectives for the system. Summarized: engineering from an operations perspective.
As part of a tight team and in conjunction with the world wide Saab Market Areas and other sales channels you will interact with Coastal Surveillance customers around the world, operations units in Canada, the Netherlands and Sweden, assist to build and manage a sales pipeline, conduct demonstrations, support by preparing proposals, attend trade shows, support management of accounts, prepare reports, conduct administration and contribute to strategy.
Significant international travel will be required to support our Marketing & Sales team.
You are responsible to:
- Make a statement of the goals and objectives of the Coastal Surveillance system, including a clear statement of responsibilities and authorities delegated;
- Set up strategies, tactics, policies and constraints affecting the Coastal Surveillance system;
- Organize the activities and interactions among participants and stakeholders;
- Specify the operational processes for fielding the Coastal Surveillance system;
- Facilitate processes for initiating, developing, maintaining and retiring the Coastal Surveillance system
- Assist to secure profitable orders of Saab Coastal Surveillance solutions from new customers;
- Execute market analysis, strategy development and other innovative initiatives to grow Saab Maritime business in the Coastal Surveillance segment.
Your skills and experience
- Experienced professional (e.g. marine officer for approx. 8-10 years) in the area of Coast Guard or NATO/ allied NATO member Navy’s (It is essential to have served in a coast guard recently, either at sea in command or in shore based operations command or planning roles. Career engineering staff with exposure to Coast Guard would also be considered);
- An excellent understanding of Navy operations, technical domain and appropriate commercial acumen from a Coastal Surveillance operations perspective is expected;
- You are an excellent communicator, able to present professional and compelling presentations, documents and proposals in English;
- You are a team player, always looking for the best solutions for your customers, you have an open mind and a strong work ethic, cooperating and sharing information in a team is your natural preference for high performance;
- Capable to communicate and team with our experienced engineers;
- Proven International Sales experience is an advantage;
- You are based in the United Kingdom or in Continental Europe and you have the capacity to attend Saab work locations on a regular basis and visit customers worldwide.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.