What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Training Professional to develop and deliver computer-based and instructor-led training programs for complex electronic systems using ISD principles. Candidate must have excellent presentation skills and a working knowledge of air traffic control tower or ramp tower operational roles and environments or equivalent. Must be capable of acquiring a depth of knowledge for products beyond the course materials.
- Development of curriculum for operator/user interface related courses
- Development of computer-based and instructor-led courses using MS Office and Adobe products
- Regular interaction with customers
- Effective use of appropriate tools and computer skills
- Delivery of instructor-led factory and on-site customer training
- Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Solid technical knowledge of assigned technology and products
- Knowledge of standard ISD processes
- Ability to plan and execute several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Ability to estimate level of effort and associated costs used in project scheduling
- Knowledge of processes with ability to suggest improvements
- Research and propose new techniques that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of training products
- Troubleshoots and resolves significant technical or program issues
Your skills and experience
- 8+ years experience in training development/delivery of operator/user interface related courses
- FAA ATC training development experience or equivalent highly desirable
- Proficient in the use of MS Office application, especially PowerPoint 2013
- Experience using Adobe Captivate, Animate, After Effects, and Photoshop or equivalent
- Experience developing formal training programs for air traffic control systems or similar systems highly desirable
- Experience using MadCap Flare a plus
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check, that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, employment and education verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 06 February 2017 • 21:44