What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual to fill a Senior Business Solutions Analyst position to provide and support business applications, process and requirement documentation, and data management. Business Solutions Analysts are responsible for translating business needs into effective technology solutions and/or process improvements that optimize processes and ensure the business applications continue to serve the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Identify, evaluate and develop systems and/or procedures/process that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Configure system settings and options, plans and executes testing.
- Develop business process narrative, policy and procedure.
- Design, develop, modify, debug and implement applications programs for functional areas.
- Analyze existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding and test/debug programs.
- Develop conversion and system implementation plans; Prepare and obtain approval of system and programming documentation.
- Train business users in conversion and implementation of system.
- Business processes and identification of improvements to meet operational objectives
- Daily transaction processing and operational reporting within the ERP
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues within the ERP
- Requirements definition and system testing of ERP updates
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Management or related discipline
- 8+ years of relevant experience (6+ years if Master's/ MBA)
- Experience working with ERP’s, specifically Oracle eBusiness Suite R 11i
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- High levels of accountability, demonstrated initiative and innovation
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 30 March 2017 • 21:04