What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is hiring a Senior Buyer-Commodity Professional to perform corporate procurement activities, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Negotiate price, delivery and terms and conditions of purchased items.
- Understand and apply contractual Terms and Conditions.
- Read and understand drawings
- Obtain and evaluate quotes
- Coordinate RMA (Return Material Authorization) with suppliers
- Coordinate resolution of invoice discrepancies
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and/or external customers as applicable.
- Effectively use appropriate tools and computer skills
- Effectively use problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Identify and qualify potential suppliers
- Analyze cost/price factors for pre-award and post-award actions for purchases
- Understanding of the FAR and DFAR, processes and procedures with capability to drive improvements
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline
- 8+ years related experience
- An understanding of Procurement/Supply Chain and Material Requirement Planning System
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to perform cost/price factors for pre-award and post-award actions for cost reasonableness of purchases
- Electrical/Mechanical Material knowledge
- Domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Possess understanding of Government contracting (to include FAR/DFAR) and key business processes.
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, multi-task, and support concurrent requirements for different internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills necessary in a team environment
- Knowledge/experience with Department of Defense (DoD) procurements and contracts.
- Prior work experience in U.S. Government Procurement, Procurement or Supply Chain-related field.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 13 January 2017 • 14:44