What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a Senior Designer/Detailer Technician to work closely with senior mechanical and electrical engineers to support engineering design and documentation tasks. The successful candidate will provide detailed electrical and mechanical design and drafting support to various programs, as well as Configuration Management tasks on engineering documentation.
Other responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Creating and modifying assembly drawings, schematics, vendor item control drawings, connection diagrams and bills of materials for complex electronic equipment
- Modifying and creating complex 2D drawings and 3D models based on requirements provided by engineers
- Using 2D and 3D CAD tools to generate high quality drawings and documents
- Using mechanical design and drafting concepts and techniques to perform assigned tasks
- Performing work in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Applying and understanding fundamental skills of designing and drafting
Your experiences and skills
- Strong 3D CAD skills including SolidWorks and DWGeditor required
- Experience working in tightly controlled Configuration Management processes required
- At least 10 years Electro-Mechanical design and detailing experience required
- Ability to read and review mechanical drawings for proper dimensioning tolerances and accuracy and completeness required
- Possess general knowledge of industrial electronic systems including enclosures, cabinets, chassis, electrical connectors, cabling, and mounting hardware required
- Two year technical degree required or four year technical degree preferred.
- Design and drafting experience on complex ground expeditionary ground military systems and or Naval systems preferred
- MS Excel and MS Word to create drawings and documents preferred
- Experience working in accordance with J-STD-001, DOD-STD 100 and ASME Y14.5 and ASMEY14.100 preferred
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 18 October 2017 • 09:39