What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a detail-orientated, experienced Senior Document Control Specialist.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building software environments prior to test events
- Versioning software builds prior to release
- Participating in Test Readiness and document reviews
- Verifying that all program documentation is under configuration management per the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Administration of Jira Document Review and Release process for CDRL/SDRLs and non-CDRL/SDRL program documents
- Flexibility to do supplemental tasking
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree in relevant discipline
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collaborate with various functions to accomplish the following tasking:
- Baseline and release documentation
- Perform software builds and release
- Perform audits of the configuration management database
- Oversee the delivery and installation of software in test environments
- Maintain quality of the configuration management data stores
- Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance
- Able to work with some level of independence
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience in software build release and configuration management
- Familiarity with the Subversion (SVN) and Atlassian JIRA tools
- Ability to recommend improvements to the existing CM process
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with CMMI auditing requirements
- Experience with delivery process of documents/software to a customer
- Able to perform day-to-day tasks with a sense of urgency
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 18 October 2017 • 09:39