What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Perform customer support activities involving the site preparation management, installation, modification and repair of complex electro mechanical equipment. This position will install, integrate, power up and checkout critical airport equipment all over the world.
Activities will include application of comprehensive technical knowledge to solve complex problems, planning work sequences, tool selection, provide technical guidance as required, isolate equipment start up malfunctions and equipment failures to determine cause and corrective action. Applicant must be able to interface directly with customer representatives, supervise and direct subcontractor activities, develop, prepare or recommend schematics, specifications, electrical drawings and parts lists, and participate in installation survey and planning.
Your skills and experience
- 3-5 years experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of complex electrical equipment and systems, including electrical distribution and grounding systems supporting computer equipment. Airport experience is a plus.
- Advanced electrical training from Jr or Community College, Military training, trade school or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of fiber optics, audio, digital, and wireless radio frequency technologies. Frequencies range from 1 GHz to 9 GHz.
- Familiarity with various test equipment such as the Anritsu Site Master, digital volt meters and other equipment a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturer's manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, cable and mechanical drawings.
- Self starter, resourceful, creative, and flexible. Able to work unsupervised, managing multiple tasks to a successful on time completion.
- Demonstrated flexibility and professionalism in stressful situations (customer situations, job situations and supervisory situations).
- Customer and subcontractor interface experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. Government clearance and pass background investigations to obtain local airport badges
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of National Electrical Codes. Familiarity of FAA standards a plus.
- Must be willing to travel (up to 75% of the time) and work flexible hours often involving overtime and some weekends. This position requires travel both domestic and international. A candidate’s proximity to Syracuse Hancock airport will be taken into consideration. Domestic travel is typically scheduled during a normal work week but there are occasions of last minute travel to repair/troubleshoot hardware. International travel frequently requires travel over weekends, depending on location.
- Must be physically fit and capable of carrying bulky, sometimes heavy equipment up a ladder or multiple flights of stairs.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification. Candidates may also be required to participate in a security related background investigation/inquiry.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 05 May 2017 • 22:04