What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is looking for a Senior Production Test Technician.
- Perform testing and troubleshooting of digital and analog printed wiring assemblies and electrical sub-assemblies. Troubleshoot same to component level.
- Concentrate on production requirements.
- Support customer returns and spares processing in support of the depot.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of training.
- 5 - 10 years related experience.
- Experience with digital and RF test equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, pattern generators, spectrum analyzers, power meters, etc.).
- Ability to understand engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Exposure to a variety of computer environments including Windows, UNIX, Labview, etc.
- Ability to work closely with design, manufacturing, and quality staffs to problem solve and effect corrective actions.
- Soldering skills are preferred, certification(s) a plus.
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 20 June 2016 • 20:57