What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis Corporation currently has an opening for a Program Manager in our Syracuse, NY office supporting the Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) and Efficiency Division.
The candidate will work with the software development team on Turn-key and / or Service based web-deployed Airport Surface/Gate Area Management tool. This tool provides situational awareness for Airport Ramp and Gate areas for airline and airport controllers and managers responsible for the management of those areas on the airport surface.
Saab seeks a candidate to assume the role of Program Manager (PM) in the Airline and Aiport Automation segment of the business. Objectives include delighting current and future customers and develop a profitable portfolio of programs. Successful candidate will oversee the execution of contracts, provide support for proposals to gain future business, and manage and meet contract objectives including performance, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction. In this role you will be expected to develop strategies to grow our business, provide excellent team leadership, and assist in developing a talented, skilled motivated team.
- Work closely the software development team to ensure program execution is on schedule, within budget and fully compliant with all customer and Saab Sensis requirements.
- Maintain a positive and productive customer relationship for Turn-key and Service Delivery Customers.
- Develop and maintain the Program Plans. Support cost management, budgeting and financial tracking.
- Identify risk areas and devise plans to mitigate.
- Support marketing and business development groups in the capture of new business by providing technical proposals, cost quotations, a smooth transition from proposals to programs.
- Work to expand existing projects, and develop creative/innovative solutions that address customer needs.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to those working on your projects.
- Advise on staffing and training required to execute programs.
- Conduct/maintain competitive analyses for your area of focus. Develop strategies to overcome competitive threats as new business is pursued.
- Contribute to best practices in program management strategy and tactics. Identify characteristics, processes, strategies that correlate to excellence in PM.
- Conduct program staff meetings with team.
- Interface with senior management as required.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required
- Technical degree desired
- MBA, and/or PM certification (e.g. PMI) a plus
- 6+ years Program/Project Management experience depending on education background
- Must be able to work in a Team Environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to manage software programs that involve state-of-the-art designs.
- Ability to demonstrate success at leading a program from definition, through execution and to completion, which should include exposure to program accounting and budgets, risk analysis and managing multiple programs simultaneously
- Ability to communicate within technical and non-technical environments
- Demonstrate team player, hands-on, detail oriented and have good prioritization skills
- Comfortable making assertive decisions.
- Airport/Airline domain expertise
- MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- Saab Sensis MOPS/MIPS Experience
Travel Requirements: 25% Domestic and International Travel
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.