What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented Senior Program Manager to lead the profitable execution of one or more naval programs of moderate scope with projects that range from development to production. Having wide-ranging experience, the successful candidate uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, and possesses the skills to guide others on a technical team and act as a primary POC to internal and external customers.
In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated experience in the design, development and fielding of complex systems. The preferred candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of military or commercial radar systems, markets, and technologies through several years of working in this domain, which may include Naval or Coast Guard service.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Specifically accountable for overall execution, cost, schedule and technical performance of assigned Programs.
- Establish and control program budgets that are aligned with program needs.
- Ensure all projects within assigned program are managed and executed within approved program management processes.
- Make personnel recommendations in support of business objectives.
- Drive Earned Value Management principles and initiatives within the business and use EVMS to report program status internally and externally.
- Collaborate with all functions within Sensor Systems to leverage program execution and capture strategies and resources through the design and manufacturing phases of the programs in the portfolio.
- Support profitable growth of the program segment.
- Support profitable growth of the program segment.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management personnel to support new business initiatives in the assigned market segment.
- Develop high quality competitive proposals that facilitate achievement of business segment objectives.
- Collaborate with other business segments within Sensor Systems to leverage program execution and capture strategies and resources.
- Grow relationships in the customer community to service existing programs and expand the naval portfolio.
- Provide consistent leadership to the program execution staff to ensure effective and efficient execution of assigned programs.
- Monitor and guide members of programs teams and identify opportunities to coach and mentor those within the organization.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with functional management across the business to ensure that resources are applied adequately to the program.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in an engineering, business or related discipline
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to direct and influence teams for program/project success, and drive to results
- Demonstrated ability to execute within the complete project management cycle
- Execution and review of master project schedules
- Proficient knowledge of risk and opportunity management practices with a demonstrated ability to develop adequate risk mitigation opportunity capture steps
- Proficient knowledge of change management, and demonstrated management of contract changes
- Leads the development and management of program plans
- Ability to create and review program specific training plans/requirements
- Ability to develop and execute plans to meet technical requirements, schedule, and contract commitments
- Directs the reconciliation of resources to meet project needs/objectives
- Full application of financial practices to a project/program
- Leads effective engagement in customer interface; ability to effectively present results/content to internal and external customers in technical and program reviews
- Demonstrated track record leading large scale aerospace and defense business capture efforts.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% in support of program and business development efforts.
- Capable of obtaining a Secret level clearance
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 02 May 2017 • 18:44