What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis; Air Traffic Management provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Sensis; Air Traffic Management is currently looking for a Lead Proposal Professional, reporting to the Director of Business Development Operations. This is a challenging position in a fast-paced and crucial part of the business development process. It offers a chance to explore a variety of the Saab Sensis product solutions, work with all levels of staff, management, and executives in a very hands-on way, as well as to demonstrate leadership, exercise creativity, and develop a broad range of experience.
This position is based in Syracuse, NY and the individual will be responsible for working on a variety of proposals for all Air Traffic Management business segments, focusing largely on international business.
Preference is for an individual with a solid understanding of the proposal process, as well as business awareness of financial and contractual issues. Successful applicants will require the ability to lead teams, interact with a variety of internal and external resources, work independently, and apply judgment throughout the proposal development process to manage risk and ensure good communication.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Independent management of several proposals
- Analyzing RFPs and determining proposal requirements
- Establishing proposal schedules
- Coordinating teams of proposal responsible individuals (RIs) in document revision process
- Monitoring RI assignments and adherence to project schedule
- Using computer software to manage proposal documents and boilerplate materials
- Basic mentorship and training of proposal RIs in all aspects of proposal process
- Guidance of other proposal center staff when needed
- Some travel is expected
Your skills and experience
- BA/BS degree (MA/MS degree preferred)
- 8+ years business experience with at least some experience related to proposals development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and team management skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Business experience with financial and contracts processes
- RFP assessment, bid strategy development and proposal management
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance.(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.