What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems Division is seeking a Senior Staff Electrical Engineer to lead technical teams in the design, development and fabrication of next generation Radar systems.
The position involves:
- Working as a technical lead to design and develop electrical hardware and systems
- Working independently to select methods and techniques for obtaining and implementing solutions
- Leading internal technical meetings and design reviews
- Assisting in the development, collection and reporting of metrics
- Ability to estimate projects and tasks for proposal efforts
- Developing task planning and scheduling for execution
- Following the Sensor Systems Development process
- Using your experience to work as part of a team to contribute to process improvements
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or similar)
- 13+ years of hardware development and engineering team leadership experience (Or 11+ years if MA/MS, Or 9+ years if PhD)
- Experience in electrical hardware design and development with specific experience in the following areas:
- System/subsystem-level design and integration in military applications
- Familiarity with AC and DC power systems, design, and analysis
- Ability to read, understand, and evaluate schematics throughout all levels of electrical systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead technical teams and interact with program management and/or customers
- Ability to develop and mentor junior engineers
- Must hold or be able to obtain US DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with heterogeneous processing architectures (FPGA, CPU, DSP, etc…)
- Experience with hardware description languages (VHDL, Verilog)
- Understanding of Manufacturing process and Design Control practices
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools (eg. Atlassian JIRA)
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar planning tool
- Experience with Earned Value Management
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 20 March 2017 • 17:24