What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC, Sensor Systems division is looking for a Senior Staff Project Engineer to be tasked with leading multidisciplinary engineering teams, involved in proposal generation, product development and/or product deployment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Functioning as the principal technical interface to the customer
- Understanding project requirements (i.e., serve as the “voice of the customer”)
- Developing the engineering plan to satisfy project requirements
- Identifying the staff (skills, level of experience, number) required to perform the work
- Identifying the physical assets required to execute the project
- Integrating the engineering plan into the overall project plan
- Monitoring and managing the conduct of the engineering work
Your experiences and skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master’s (preferred) degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or applicable scientific discipline.
- 15+ years of applicable engineering experience in the defense or aerospace domains.
- At least 5 of those 15 years must have involved planning complex engineering work and leading engineering teams in the execution of that work.
- A working knowledge of hardware and software development processes, configuration control processes and Earned Value Management principles.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 10 October 2017 • 21:29