What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer interested in developing state-of-the-art Air Traffic Surveillance and Air Traffic Management systems. Systems Engineers interpret customer and market input, define system and subsystem requirements, define the system functional architecture and key algorithms, support integration and test, and support other engineers deploying these systems in the field. The systems are constructed from electronics, software and firmware and incorporate a wide range of technologies including human interface design, multilateration, radar, ADS-B, GPS, IP networking, tracking and fusion. Most Saab Sensis products utilize COTS software from the Linux ecosystem. Most data analysis is done in MATLAB.
The successful candidate will collaborate with and eventually lead engineers from other disciplines. Good interpersonal and communications skills are essential in this role. The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- The technical background to learn the theory of operation, design, and optimization processes for cooperative and non-cooperative surveillance products.
- The ability to understand customer requirements and develop system-level architectures and integration & test strategies to ensure these requirements are satisfied.
The ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) and collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues from different countries.
Your skills and experience
- Systems Engineering in new product development for embedded and software intensive systems.
- Ability to be the technical lead for an interdisciplinary product development team
- Requirements elicitation and management
- System architecting and trade studies
- Collaboration with software, electrical and mechanical engineers
- Hands-on system integration
- Support for formal testing
- Customer support for exceptionally difficult problems
- Air Traffic Automation or Air Traffic Surveillance
- Algorithm development: multilateration, radar, ADS-B, tracking & estimation, fusion, RF propagation, signal processing
- Linux system administration, MATLAB, C/C++
- IP networking to at least a conceptual level
- Data analysis
- Proposal writing
- International projects or other collaborations
- A bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, physics, or computer science from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of industry experience in an engineering field
- Opportunity for international travel (up to 10%)
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering professional growth opportunities, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, dining center and a fitness facility.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.