What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a member of our product development team you will be tasked with:
- Analyzing system requirements
- Decomposing and allocating requirements to lower level hardware and software system elements
- Modeling system behavior using Matlab and UML modeling tools
- Generating test input files and using those files to support system integration and test activities
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or applicable scientific field
- 8 years of applicable, professional experience, preferably in the Aerospace or Defense domain.
- Excellent Matlab skills
- Experience with requirements analysis, system decomposition and requirements allocation
- Experience with software system integration & test
- Experience working in an agile development environment and UML modeling skills are a plus
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s).
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 25 January 2016 • 19:24