What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual as a Training Professional to develop and deliver instructor-led training programs for complex electronic systems using ISD principles. Candidate must have excellent presentation skills and a working knowledge of communication systems, avionics, radar, or general electronics. Must be capable of acquiring a depth of knowledge for products beyond the course materials.
This position is available in Syracuse, NY or Apeldoorn Netherlands
- Development of curriculum for operator and maintenance courses
- Development of instructor-led courses using MS Office and Adobe products
- Delivery of instructor-led factory and on-site customer training
- Travel to international locations for periods ranging from one week to several weeks
- Regular interaction with customers
- Effective use of appropriate training and computer tools
- Effective use of problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Knowledge of standard ISD processes
- Plan and execution of several components of a project or a complex component of a larger project
- Ability to estimate level of effort and associated costs used in project scheduling
- Knowledge of processes with ability to suggest improvements
- Research and propose new techniques that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of training products
- Troubleshoots and resolves significant technical or program issues
Your skills and experience
- BS degree in a technical training or engineering discipline
- 8+ years experience
- Military or aerospace experience highly desirable
- Solid technical knowledge of assigned technology and products
- Understanding and awareness of cultural differences
- Proficient in the use of MS Office application, especially PowerPoint 2013
- Experience using Adobe Captivate, Animate, After Effects, and Photoshop
- Experience developing formal training programs for air traffic control systems or similar systems highly desirable
- Experience using MadCap Flare a plus
- Ability to be flexible in fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, education and employment verification.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 20 July 2017 • 17:44