What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM:
Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions;
Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
We currently have an opening for Site Leader in Apeldoorn, ATM.
We are searching for a Site Leader with hands-on mentality. Your primary responsibility is to be the manager of all ATM employees in Apeldoorn; this group is approximately twenty people & consists of people with varying job functions and levels of experience. You will be expected to be the leader of this group – making personnel assignments to projects, supporting and promoting overall ATM goals and initiatives, and coaching/mentoring your team. You will be the primary point of contact for site-specific issues. Your team will consist of System and Test Engineers, Project Managers, Trainers, and Installation Managers based in Apeldoorn. You must have the skills to lead and coach a team. You are expected to identify/invent/refine the tools and training that the employees need to grow. As the manager of the Apeldoorn group, you will be expected to monitor project financial-, schedule- and technical goals. You will contribute to process improvement initiatives – improving how things get done. You will be a member of the A&S Segment staff and member of the Extended Saab Technologies leadership team. For your role, you will be traveling for max. 10% of your time (schedule in week(s)). Your direct manager will be based in Syracuse, New York.
- Manage the Air Traffic Management employees based in Apeldoorn;
- Be the primary point of contact for site-specific issues;
- Collect status information regarding product and contracts weekly;
- Plan employee assignments to projects; this includes internal development efforts, proposal support efforts, and contract work as needed; to do this, you will work in coordination with the engineering & project managers in Apeldoorn & Syracuse;
- Facilitate the continuing training of employees on MLAT, SR3, A3000 and other technologies;
- Support the Apeldoorn team with any questions or needs regarding tools & training;
- Support the Apeldoorn team to ensure they follow local procedures and rules;
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives;
Your skills and experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject or relevant experience;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Experience with Air Traffic Management system deployment or product development work is preferred;
- Communicate fluently in English (written & verbal) is strongly preferred
- Communicate fluently in Dutch (written & verbal) is mandatory for this role
- Strong leadership capabilities;
- Experience with cost tracking tools, configuration management practices, quality assurance procedures, and detailed project planning;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa / citizenship in the Netherlands.
Last updated: 27 November 2017 • 10:09