What you will be a part of
Support and Services, a business area of Saab, supplies a wide range of services and integrated support solutions to customers in defence and on commercial markets for cost-efficient support of systems and platforms throughout their life cycle.
Communication Solutions is responsible for the design of technical and robust solutions and infrastructure utilizing networks, radio, and satellite technologies. We design and implement systems in airborne and land based platforms. We are a team of 55 people, headed from Arboga, with operations in both Järfälla and Linköping.
Are you a recent Computer Science Graduate with interests in Software-Defined Networking and IP Routing as part of communication solutions?
We are aiming to strengthen our team with a software designer to develop applications as part of Tactical Routing and SDN Solutions. Our solutions are used in civil and military markets. The role is positioned in either Arboga, Järfälla, or Linköping. Travel will be part of the position.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- IP Routing design based on Open Source and Object Oriented Design
- SDN application Software Design
- Design and System verification
- Troubleshoot and solve Software defects
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solutions
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas
Your skills and experience
We are looking for a team player with a strong collaborative ability and an interest to communicate with others. You like to take initiatives to drive work forward based on a solution-focused approach.
You have an MsC degree in computer science or corresponding experience.
Your expertise covers:
- Embedded Software designing in OpenSource technologies such as Linux
- Object oriented Programming (Python, C++, Java)
- You are familiar with advanced networking concepts such as VLANs, OpenVPN, iptables, dnsmasq, tunneling and overlay networking, layer 4-7 services, topology discovery, path computation
- Are knowledgeable in carrier grade resiliency, scale and performance requirements
- Are able to design and implement details for complex features
- DevOps development
- Open vSwitch, OpenFlow, OpenDaylight and OpenStack
- Understanding of lean & agile ways of working