What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, work/life balance, business-casual atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Sensis is currently looking for energetic, creative, and talented C++ Software Engineers at our corporate headquarters in Syracuse, New York who are looking to enhance their skills while making significant contributions to a safer society.
Candidates will actively participate in the design, implementation, test and integration of state of the art air traffic management and control systems.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 to 8 years of programming in C\C++
- Programming Languages: C++
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong LINUX environment skills including command line and scripting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Java and Python
- Experience with software Design Patterns
- Experience with Integrated Development Environments (e.g. Eclipse, NetBeans)
- Experience with unit test frameworks (e.g. GTest, cppTest)
- Experience with automated build systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Some domestic/international travel (10%) may also be available to collaborate with your peers.
Security Clearance is NOT Required
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check, employment verification and education verification.
As a Federal contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 22 July 2016 • 15:27