What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Build your resume experience and enhance your marketability with real-work, hands-on practice through a Co-Op opportunity!
Saab Sensis is in search of motivated, enthusiastic engineering/science (software engineering, computer science) student(s) who would be interested in putting their studies to real-work practice through a (Season) Co-op opportunity at our Collamer location in East Syracuse, NY.
As part of the CDM and Efficiency group, you would be working with our Software Engineering Team and will actively participate in the software development for aviation data processing systems utilizing web-based technology on a system provided to our customers via a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model.
Your skills and experience
- Object-Oriented Design and Programming with Java
- Some additional software programming experience and ability to read and understand software code
- Experience working with Unix-based systems (Linux)
- Ability to systematically evaluate data
- Must be able to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Relational Database experience (SQL)
- Familiarity with software version control systems (e.g. Subversion)
- HTML and other web/mobile development technologies would be a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must have completed Sophomore year or greater
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in phone and/or on-site interviews.
Paid assignment, casual work attire, paid holidays, flexible work hours, 401(k), fitness facility
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 22 May 2017 • 20:24