What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), hydrographics (QPS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS) and precision navigation; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions.
We currently have an opening for a Software Engineer, MTM QPS. QPS navigation and positioning software is used on board offshore construction vessels, pipe-lay barges, drilling rigs, seismic research vessels and hydrographic survey vessels. QPS has a fast growing market share in the offshore oil and gas industry, dredging industry and port communities.
You are responsible for contribution and design to development of products QINSy and Qastor. The customer wish is important for the design of the software products. Occasionally you will test onboard or at the customer’s location. Exchange with our development department in Canada is one of the possibilities.
Your experiences and skills
- Higher degree in a relevant subject ( e.g. Electronics, Engineering, IT) or relevant experience;
- At least 2-4 years relevant experience as software engineer and technical insight;
- You communicate fluently in English (Dutch preferred);
- Experience in C++ or C#;
- Experience with MS Visual Studio;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Knowledge of Hydrography, Maritime Navigation, Oceanography or Mathematics;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa/ citizenship in the Netherlands.
Last updated: 13 December 2016 • 20:44