Saab is a global high-technology company that offers world-leading solutions and services in defence, aviation, space and civil security. At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place
What you will be part of
You will be a part of the Public Safety department where we develop software based Command, Control and Communication systems for the civil security area. The systems are used to streamline, monitor and protect critical flows and operations, which places very high demands on system security and availability.
Our customers include police forces, ambulance services, fire and rescue services, airports, transport, prisons, etc. We are developing systems which are critical for the business of our customers so the focus is on performance, reliability and configurability. We work closely with our customers and are driven by strong customer and user focus. We adopt an Agile methodology and we aim to constantly develop and work with the latest technology.
Our solutions use up-to-date technology and for the right person the Public Safety department offers enormous opportunities to work with stimulating and challenging work, alongside skilled and dedicated co-workers.
We are now looking for experienced software development engineers to join our recently established UK-based operation.
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary technical team based in the UK
• Working primarily with the Microsoft technology stack, develop creative solutions which deliver to the product strategy and vision
• All aspects of the development projects to which you are assigned. This includes:
o Conformance to quality processes and procedures
o Adherence to architectural and technical constraints
o Compliance with test processes and governance
• Identify and work to continuously improve the development process.
• Provide technical support to our installation and commissioning team.
• Provide technical support to customers.
• Support the engagement with partner organisations to deliver technical solutions
Your experiences and skills
• .NET, C#, WPF, WCF and SQL Server.
• Working within an Agile development team
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal Communication
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work
Last updated: 15 May 2017 • 08:44