What you will be part of
Saab Sensor Systems is a rapidly growing business unit located in Syracuse, NY operating within Saab Defense and Security USA LLC. The Sensor Systems Division is focused on design, development, integration, test, deployment and whole life support of surveillance sensor systems primarily for aerospace and defense industry partners, and US Government agencies. Saab Defense and Security USA LLC provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Build your resume experience and enhance your marketability with real-work, hands-on practice!
Saab Defense and Security, Sensor Systems Division is in search of motivated, enthusiastic Engineering students who would be interested in applying their studies to real-world product development through a Co-Op opportunity.
Under the guidance of Systems Engineers, responsibilities will include:
- Development/derivation of subsystem requirements as well as establishing and maintaining traceability of these requirements in the project’s requirements management environment.
- Contribute to the development of integration plans and checklists based on these requirements and other system design documentation and conduct integration activities in accordance with these checklists.
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in an Engineering or Physics program that has a focus on Mathematics or Analytics
- Must have completed Sophomore year of greater at time of hire
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA, LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Saab values diversity and as an AA/EO employer, we encourage qualified women, minorities, Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Last updated: 06 October 2017 • 14:44