What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
Do you like to break things? Are you naturally curious? Would you like to work with a similarly-minded group of dedicated, enthusiastic people with a reputation for integrity, quality, excellence, and teamwork? Are you looking to build your resume experience and enhance your marketability with real-world, hands-on practice? Then this is the job for you.
Saab Sensis Corporation is in search of motivated, enthusiastic students interested in putting their studies into practice as an Integration & Test Engineering co-op / intern in our Syracuse, NY office.
We have both:
Spring (Jan. - March) and/or Summer (May- Aug.) assignments.
The Saab Sensis Air Traffic Management (ATM) Business Area has an opening for the role of Integration & Test Engineering co-op / intern for its Automation and Surveillance and FAA Programs segments. Both segments encompass all forms of detecting and tracking aircraft while in flight and on the surface of airports. Surveillance techniques typically consist of a combination of primary and/or secondary radar, multilateration, and ADS-B (automatic dependent surveillance broadcast). Saab Sensis specializes in the design and deployment of these solutions, the development of integrated surveillance systems, and the fusion of the information each creates. As a member of the team, you will support the testing and integration of these systems while focusing on existing programs with customers located throughout the world.
Responsibilities and learning opportunities may include:
• Developing, documenting, and executing test approaches and procedures for hardware, software, and system level testing
• Assembling lab environments
• Conducting and supporting system integration in a laboratory environment
• Assisting in hardware and software troubleshooting
• Generating and investigating problem reports
• Participating in technical reviews and status meetings
• Creating test scenarios using various simulators
• Conducting engineering dry runs and performing data analysis
• Creating, updating, and validating test tools
Your experiences and skills
• Enrollment in an accredited degree program, with a major in an engineering discipline, computer science. physics, or mathematics
• Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or better
• Completion of Sophomore year or greater
• Expertise with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows applications
• Ability to manage a dynamic workload in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with software and hardware integration and test methodologies
• Experience with operating a variety of electronic test gear, such as oscilloscopes, power meters, and waveform generators
• Experience with MATLAB and/or LabView
• Experience with Python, Java, and/or C++
• Familiarity with SUN Solaris, Unix, and/or Linux
To be successful, you should:
• Learn quickly
• Handle responsibility well
• Be self-motivated, energetic, inquisitive, well-organized, flexible, and thorough
• Practice clear, concise, and correct written and oral communication, including grammar, spelling, and composition
• Display well-developed problem-solving skills
• Maintain high standards of quality and attention to detail
• Demonstrate time management and prioritization skills
• Possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, particularly with respect to influence and negotiation
• Understand the need for control, repeatability, and risk management and act accordingly and proactively
At Saab Sensis you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on state-of'-the-art products that save human lives. You will work closely with other systems, hardware, software, and test engineers to ensure that electronic products used for Air Traffic Surveillance meet their requirements and intended use. You will also work with world-class engineers and professionals in an environment that fosters professional development, collaboration and support at all levels.
In order to apply, please submit your resume including:
• Coursework completed
• Current GPA
• Descriptions of projects/labs
• Work and co-op experiences & responsibilities
• Contact information (school and home including dates we can contact you at each)
• Availability dates for co-op/internship
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in interviews by phone and/or on-site at Saab Sensis.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering, flexible work hours, business-casual atmosphere, paid holidays, 401(k), and a fitness facility.
As a Federal contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens (for FAA Programs) in order to be considered for employment.