What you will be part of
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
- Act as the main focal point to the subcontractor.
- Negotiate, award and administer subcontracts, purchase orders and service orders in accordance with the AMS, FAR, and DFAR regulations as well as international suppliers.
- Be responsible for and direct all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the business case for make/buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, schedule adherence, and cost accountability and makes decisions affecting the performance of the subcontractor.
- Direct and manage all cost, schedule and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones.
- Conduct program reviews with the subcontractor and program office.
- Establish milestone objectives and manage performance to committed schedules and contractual specifications.
- Prepare bid packages, conduct bidders conferences, analyze and evaluate proposals, flow down applicable prime contract clauses, negotiate subcontract provisions, select or recommend subcontractors, negotiate and coordinate additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts.
- Responsible for such varied contractual arrangements as non-disclosures, teaming and other agreements and software license agreements.
- Review prime RFPs to determine proposal requirements as they relate to suppliers and ensure a proper prime flow downs, working with the program team to develop Statements of Work and requirements, issuing and executing PIAs with subcontractors, defining procurement strategies and developing comprehensive RFP packages, attending proposal meetings, leading subcontractor data calls and visits, coordinating and completing fact finding, cost and price analysis, and negotiations.
- Lead / co-lead subcontract negotiations for optimal cost, quality, schedule and technical performance.
- Establish and maintain DCAA audit ready compliant files.
Saab Sensis provides an excellent working environment offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Your skills and experience
- You will be required to have a BS and minimum 3-5 years subcontract management/administration experience on construction contracts and complex projects that entail Statements of Work and Specifications.
- Experience with the following subcontract types: FFP, FPIF, T&M, Labor Hour, Cost Reimbursement, IDIQ, as well as international supplier procurements.
- Candidate should possess very strong schedule, cost, financial, and contractual management skills with proven experience in managing multiple suppliers.
- Candidate must have ability to work both independently and as a member of a team in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to multitask is essential.
- Proven record of performance with focus on mission success, demonstrated interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Understanding of Commercial as well as DoD and FAA contracting/subcontracting requirements.
Additional skills include:
- Leadership, Root Cause and Corrective Action implementation, Risk and Opportunity Management, Earned Value Management (EVM), Critical Path Scheduling, Baseline Management.
- Strong Business Acumen as well as Negotiating experience.
- Experience with legal terms and conditions of all types including systems, IT, software licensing and professional services.
- CPM, PMP, CPCM certification preferred.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background check, that will include, at a minimum, a criminal record check and education and employment verification.
As a Federal Contractor for the United States, Saab Sensis is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be permanent residents or U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 28 February 2017 • 18:24