What you will be part of
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC (SDAS) provides solutions and technology that are at the core of defense and homeland security. SDAS is the result of uniting our formerly separate defense businesses and is comprised of four divisions. SDAS provides an excellent working environment, offering advancement and professional growth opportunities, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is in search of a motivated, enthusiastic student interested in putting his/her studies into practice as an IT Support Specialist Co-Op/ Intern for Summer 2017 in our Syracuse, NY office.
- Perform all installation-related tasks for desktop systems, laptops, workstations
- Perform user-requested upgrades on an ad-hoc basis
- Diagnose hardware-related problems using various skills and test procedures
- Maintain inventory records of all tracked hardware
- Coordinate break/fix repairs on malfunctioning hardware with manufacturers technical support
- Troubleshoot and repair failed PC/laptop components
- Assist users during the internal move process, moving PCs, peripherals, and phones
- Support telephone and voicemail system, including handsets, cabling, and switches
- Set up and configures conferencing hardware (Lync, Polycom phones, projectors)
- Create and maintain images for each hardware configuration
- Install operating system and standard suite of applications to each new computer
- Ensure returned computers are imaged before redeployment to retain critical data
- Install software on an ad-hoc basis
- Track software installations to ensure compliance with licensing tools
- Maintain MAC and IP addresses
- Perform virus-protection
- Troubleshoot and repair a vast array of software-related problems
Your skills and experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program, majoring in Information Technology or related discipline
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must have completed Sophomore year or greater at time of hire
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) required
- Basic Network knowledge (TCP/IP, routing, VPN) a plus
- Excellent Organizational skills
As a contractor for the United States Department of Defense, Saab Defense and Security USA LLC is an E-Verify participant and applicants must be U.S. Citizens in order to be considered for employment.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number approximately 14,700 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is a company where we see diversity as an asset and offer unlimited opportunities for advancing in your career. We are also a company that respects each person’s needs and encourage employees to lead a balanced, rewarding life beyond work. Saab values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran, or disability status.
Last updated: 29 March 2017 • 20:04