What you will be a part of
Surveillance provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems and C4I solutions, and traffic management systems.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves air traffic and marine customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are two operating units within TM: Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions; Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydrographics, and precision navigation.
We currently have an opening for International System Engineer, ATM.
We are searching for an International System Engineer who is capable of quickly becoming proficient in the application of our operational systems. You will be involved in proposal, system design, system integration and testing, acceptance and warranty phases for system engineering aspects. For your role, you will be traveling for 30% of your time.
You are responsible for:
- Requirement analysis, mapping customer requirements to system solutions based on Saab Integrated Air Traffic Control Suite product;
- Design customer specific solutions and coordination with software development;
- Develop external interface specifications, system design documents, safety case documents and acceptance test documents;
- System configuration, integration and testing in factory and on site;
- Factory and site acceptance testing;
- Technical solutions during warranty and support of the delivered system;
- Cooperation with system engineers from other Saab ATM sites in USA and Sweden;
- Effectively contribute to the realization of projects worldwide;
- Perform activities based on applicable policies, guidelines, cost awareness, rules and procedure (incl. those related to health and safety, quality and environment).
- Contribute to the realization of proposals and quotations for international customers;
Advise on the development of Saab products, process improvements and technical capabilities in commercial projects;
Your skills and experience
- Higher degree in a relevant subject or relevant experience;
- Excellent knowledge in Dutch and English, both verbally and written;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Understanding the Aviation/Air Traffic Management market;
- Knowledge of Linux including ‘vi’ and software engineering;
- Knowledge of network and security;
- Traveling is required;
- Working abroad;
- Dutch residency or work permit / visa / citizenship in the Netherlands.
Last updated: 27 October 2017 • 22:09