Saab Australia is looking to recruit a number of Work Area Supervisors, based on-site at Grafton, to assist with Saab’s work on the Grafton Prison Project. Saab is contracted for the Design and Construct phase and also contracted for the Facility Maintenance.
What you will be part of
Saab’s security management systems offer integration of a wide range of third party and customer preferred subsystems including CCTV access control, intercoms, perimeter detection, and duress and intruder detection. Each solution is tailored to meet specific customer needs and provides effective insurance against evolving requirements and future technology changes.
In this position, your primary responsibility will be day to day supervision of installation activities for the nominated work areas and to ensure all work activities are being delivered in accordance with the target work area schedule.
Some key responsibilities are:
• Liaise with the builder work area supervisors to manage dependencies, delays, and schedule impacts.
• Conduct coordination activities with other work area trades.
• Manage formal communications (receipt and issuing) using the customer supplied system (Aconex) covering status reporting, progress meeting minutes and other formal communications.
• Manage and record effort expended on variations/directions.
• Manage contractor performance, where required escalate to the Site Manager any contractor performance issues.
• Review all updated and issued drawings and specifications to identify changes and issues affecting Saab works in the target work area.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the project Security Specification/s, requirements, and related construction schedules.
• Manage the delivery of accurate as-built documentation from subcontractors to the Team Site Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring day to day compliance of all contractors and staff to the relevant processes outlined in the project delivery plans.
Your experiences and skills
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Experience with security/surveillance system design and installation projects or similar system integration projects.
• At least 5 years professional experience
• Experience dealing with customers and end-users
• Ability to monitor, implement and conduct system installation activities.
• Experience in working with sub-contractors and suppliers as part of overall security solution delivery.
• Ability to effectively interact with, engineering design teams, site management teams, subcontractors construction foreman.
• Analytic thinking and problem solving.
• Critical review and attention to detail.
• Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with team members, customers and end-users.
• Strong teamwork ethic.
• Ability to adapt to new tasks, technologies, processes and procedures.
As a key player in the Defence and Civil Solutions Sectors, Saab develops high-technology solutions to satisfied customers worldwide. Saab offers talented and ambitious professionals the chance to be involved with leading edge technology and to broaden their horizons.
To work at Saab you must comply with Defence Industry security requirements (i.e. you will be an Australian citizen or able to meet eligibility requirements).
Last updated: 11 August 2017 • 03:44